CITY OF FORT PIERCE
PLANNING BOARD AGENDA
P.O.BOX 1480 ◊ FORT PIERCE,FL 34954-1480 ◊ 772-467-3300
Regular Meeting – Tuesday, March 12th at 6:00 pm
Fort Pierce City Hall Commission Chambers,
100 North U.S. Highway 1, Fort Pierce, Florida.
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Consideration of Absences
4. Certification of Alternate Member Voting Status
5. Approval of Minutes –December 11th, 2012.
6. Text Amendment – Creating Section 22-16(b)(3)(a)(4), Article II, Establishment of
Zones, Permitting Bed & Breakfast and overnight accommodations in the Downtown
Business & Entertainment District. The applicant is the City of Fort Pierce.
7. Solid Waste Impact Fees & Recycling Program – Provide recommendation to the City
Commission to use impact fees for the City’s Recycling Program and to add said project
to the CIE.
8. Government Building and Transportation Impact Fees- Passenger Rail StationProvide recommendation to the City Commission to use impact fees for the assessment
and design of the City passenger rail station and to add said project to the CIE.
9. Capital Improvement Element (CIE) Update- Public Hearing. The Planning Board
serving as the Local Planning Agency (LPA) will submit a recommendation to the City
Commission to transmit the proposed Comprehensive Plan amendment updating the
Capital Improvements Element to the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) for
10. Conditional Use – Sandhill Shores Combined Mobile Home and RV Park – 3200 South
US Highway 1. The applicant is PCA Ft Pierce Homes LLC. The representative is Todd
Newby of Newby Management. The project is to permit recreational vehicles in an
existing mobile home park.
11. Conditional Use – Weatherbee Villas ACLF – 1221 – 1243 East Weatherbee Road. The
applicants are Larry L. Quick, Sr.; Howard E. McCall, Jr.; and Georgia Maxson. The
representative is Larry L. Quick, Sr. The project is to convert an existing multi-family
development to an adult congregate living facility.
12. Special Exception – Bonfer Residence – 1771 Binney Drive. The applicant is Regina S.
Bonfer. The representative is John M. Foster, AIA. The project is to add an eighty (80)
square foot addition to an existing nonconforming structure [fails to meet the side yard
(setback) requirement] as a Special Exception.MARCH 12, 2013 PLANNING BOARD AGENDA PAGE 2
P.O.BOX 1480 ◊ FORT PIERCE,FL 34954-1480 ◊ 772-460-2200
13. Land Development Regulation Rewrite –
a. Status report
b. Solicit recommendation on moving forward with implementing key provisions and
prioritize which sections to advance
14. Election of Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary
15. Discussion/Comments from the Board